By Richard Eriksson on September 27, 2005 - 2:52pm
Flickr is a web-based photo-sharing service that lets you post photos directly to your site. Flickr may change how to set this up without notice, so these instructions on how to set this up may change without notice.
- If you're not already logged in, log in to Flickr.
- Click on your Flickr username in the top right-hand corner. The direct link is http://www.flickr.com/account
- Find the "Your blogs" link underneath "Blogging" and click it.
- Click the "Set up your blog". If you already have a blog setup, you will see instead "Add another blog".
- From the drop-down list, click "MetaWeblogAPI Enabled Blog" and click the "Next" button.
- Enter the information requested:
- API Endpoint: http://www.urbanvancouver.com/xmlrpc.php
- Username: your Urban Vancouver username
- Password: your Urban Vancouver password
When you're logged in, and you're viewing a photo, you should see a "blog this" button just above individual photos. Click that button and select the blog you chose. Then type in a title and then descriptive text to write about the photo.
(You will see this button over not just your photos but photos of others. Make sure you have their permission to post to your site. Many Flickr users let others republish their photos without asking as long as you give them credit: check the copyright information, as some license their photos under Creative Commons licenses.)
A great example of a successful post from Flickr is Leanne's post about walking dogs on Urban Vancouver. Her photo and some brief text written from the Flickr site appears below.