By Roland Tanglao on September 5, 2007 - 1:01am
- Thanks to Vancity for having the Bike Share Program.
- Thanks to Richard for joining up because without Richard joining I wouldn' t have joined and got back into biking. I have reactivated my Villiger Silvretta from Switzerland that I bought in Germany and am happily biking to work on it two or more times a week.
- And thanks to Nokia for giving me the free Nokia N93 phone which I used to take 502 photos from the Vancity Bike: here are the 10 flickr sets of photos: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Suggestions (now that I bike regularly to work):
- have the bike path signs show: direction, name of bike path and where it leads to e.g. Commercial, Strathcona
- Adanac is the same as Union which is confusing since this is not clear
- a dedicated bike lane on Burrard on the right, not in the middle of traffic, the current one in the middle of traffic is dangerous; I almost got run over by tourists from California the two times I took the Burrard bike path going North
- tech stuff: bluetooth transmitters and/or Wifi and/or SMS numbers at each major bike path crossing that I can use to get a map with 'you are here' on my mobile phone (it's doable so why not?)
- dedicated bike paths where no cars or motorized vehicles are allowed; let's have a plan and start doing this, why not make the 10th avenue bike path for bikes and residents and deliveries only for starters?
This movie (4:11) was made from 502 photos taken from my Vancity Bike Share bicycle from June 27 to July 11 2007 from my Nokia N93. Music from teru used under a Creative Commons license: Technology (ft. MTGakaCaraMelG) and Start a Digital Revolution (ft. tacet, KCentric), http://terumusic.blogspot.com/