By raincoaster on December 23, 2008 - 1:20pm
Originally posted by UncleWeed over at the Fearless City site. The image was done by Kris Krug and posted on Flickr. This is our campaign announcement for the Phones for Fearless drive. And don't forget about us after Christmas, while you're all bonding with your shiny new iPhones! The campaign continues into early January.
And lookie! We've got WIDGETS!!!
- Your used mobile phones - preferably with video, camera, wi-fi
- Cash donations (* tax deductible) or new phone donations
- Conversation - tell your friends on your blog, twitter, etc. - post a badge
First, Gather phones!
Collect all the unused mobile phones at your office and home - dig into your boxes of stuff, ask you friends! Digital cameras gratefully accepted too.
Next, Arrange Pick-up:
- Let us know via Twitter: Fearless City, email: info (at) fearlessmedia (dot) ca, Phone/SMS: 604.644.4349, Voice mail: 604.682.3269 xt 8320
- We'll come by on purple Yahoo bikes on Tues. Dec. 23rd & 30th to collect your devices
- We'll take your photo, bring treats, and thank you publicly with a link
Or, Drop-off (after Tuesday, 23rd) at:
- Roundhouse Community Centre - 181 Roundhouse Mews
- Pathways - 390 Main Street (kitty corner from the Canegie)
- Raincity Studios - 1 Alexander St. @ Water st.
Want to be a drop-off point? Let us know.
Even send by Postal Mail to:
c/o DTES CAN
PO Box 88023
418 Main St
Vancouver, BC V6A 4A4
- Remove your chip, and clear your contacts before donating (all phones will be completely cleared before released).
- Please include chargers and accessories - used digital cameras also welcome
- Unusable phones will be donated to FreeGeek for reuse and recycling
Who is Fearless?
Fearless is a Vancouver Non-Profit group providing tools, resources, and cultural outreach to artists and residents in the improverished Downtown Eastside neighbourhood. Fearless is a project of the DTES Community Arts Network (CAN)
- About Fearless City
- Fearless City wiki
- Fearless City community site at W2
- Fearless City Youtube channel
- Fearless City Flickr photos
- Fearless City Flickr group
- DTES on Wikipedia
Thank you for your support!
Post a graphic on your site with this handy code snippet (and thanks to Hummingbird604 for help with the very fiddly code):
<a href="http://www.fearlesscity.ca" target="_blank"><img src="http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3194/3121575464_8a062db061_m_d.jpg" /></a><br />
<a href="http://www.fearlesscity.ca" target="_blank">Donate used mobile phones to help DTES residents and artists at fearlesscity.ca</a>
If it doesn't work, check your quotation marks. They have a tendency to go haywire when you paste things into your widgets.